Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Hillary Clinton in her own words

 
Hillary 1992: "Part of what I believe with all my heart is that the voters are tired of people who lie to them. They're tired of people who act like something they're not. They're tired of people who deny problems. They're tired of people who neglect problems."

Hilllary 2007 (on the Hsu fundraising debacle): "We do the very best job we can based on the information available to us to make appropriate vetting decisions, and this one, uhh, was a big surprise to everybody."

Hillary 2000 (on her brother selling presidential pardons): "You know, it came as a surprise, uhh, to me, and it was very disturbing, and I'm just, uh, very disappointed about it. I did, uh, not, uh, have any involvement, you know, and, uh, I'm just very, uh, disappointed about my brother's involvement. If I had known about, uh, this, we wouldn't be standing here today. Uhhh, I didn't know about it, and I'm very...regretful that, uh, it occurred, that I didn't know about it. Uh, I might have been able to prevent this from happening. And I'm just very disappointed about the whole matter. I did not know. I was heartbroken and -- and shocked by it."

Hillary 1994 (on the Rose Law firm billing records): "The young attorney, the young bank officer did all the work, and the letter was sent, but because I was what you call 'the billing attorney' -- in other words, I had to send the bill to get the payment made -- my name was put on the bottom of the letter. It was not an area that I practiced in. It was not an area that I really know anything, to speak of, about."

Hillary 1994 (on the records removed from Vince Foster's office): "I -- I can tell you what I know which is that I did not know that Vince had any of the documents related to our personal business in his office until after his death."

Hillary 1998 (on the Lewinsky affair): "Answer my husband. I mean, you know, he woke me up Wednesday morning and said, 'You're not going to believe this, but...' and I said, 'What is this?' And so, yeah, it came as a very big surprise... 'But...I want to tell you what's in the newspapers.'"

In short, Hillary's dumbfounded regarding Hsu, the Rose Law firm records, Travelgate, Whitewater, the cattle futures contracts, the Peter Paul fundraising concert starring Cher, her brother selling pardons, etc.

She claims to be clueless regarding a string of major incidents in her life and she's shocked -- shocked -- to find out about them. And that qualifies her to be president... how?

Quotes courtesy of EIB.

No comments: